With our Move-in/Move-out Inspections module, Landlords and Property managers can now:
- Automate the entire process of moving in/out of tenants
- Create checklists to track the exact state of the unit during handover, and compare this with the state of the unit when post move-out
- Ensure alignment between tenants and Landlords/Property Managers with respect to any deductions in deposit on account of property repairs/damages
Why do we have such a feature?
There are 2 key reasons to build this feature –
- Ensure tenant and Operator alignment on the status of the unit during handover: There are often disagreements between the tenant, landlord/Property manager about the cleanliness of the flat, repair work required for an AC, or damaged cupboard during handover and move-out. Tenants often verbally complain that the unit was not handed over in good condition at the time of move-in and disapprove of deductions to a deposit for damages caused during the tenancy. This leads to a poor tenant experience
- Reduction in manual work and costs: Most operators have executives on the field to physically be with a tenant at the time of moving in, to ensure alignment between the Property Manager/Landlord and Tenant on the status of the unit. This becomes expensive as there is a human intervention in the process.
Our feature helps align the Operator and Tenant around a single source of truth regarding the state of the unit during handover, documents it on our platform, and ensures the same can be referenced at the time of move-out. This helps in better tenant experiences with no differing versions of events, better and easier deductions helping automate the move-in/move-out process, and reducing manpower expenses.
How can a Real Estate Professional go about a Move-in inspection?
The entire Move-in process can be summarized in 4 steps:
- The operator uploads the Move-in list on Godview
- Tenants fill out the checklist on the Tenant app
- The operator reviews the details on Godview and updates the contract
- Re-verification and confirmation
Let’s look at how these 4 steps will play out using an example:
“Jack is the Property Manager of Monk Properties and he wants to receive tenants and account for assets while reducing costs. He can use the Move-in inspection module in the following way:
Jack uploads the check-list on Godview:
- Logins to Godview
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab
- Select “Ops” and Click on “Check-In/Check-Out”
- Configure the feature depending on the property, type of stay, and app permissions.
Note: The app can be accessed only on the Tenant app.
- Add Terms and Conditions
- Move to the “CI checklist” tab
- Create checklists based on assets in the property and unit
- Repeat the last step for all units in all properties.
Note: The contract must be updated for these checklists to be visible.
Jack’s Tenant fills the check-list on the Tenant app
- Tenants enter login details on the Tenant App
- Tenant Uploads pictures of ID and themselves
- Tenant fills the Unit Checklist:
- Select one of the below
– Accept with defect
- Uploads pictures
- Adds notes
- A quick review of the selection for all assets is displayed before completion
- The tenant confirms the selection and the process is complete.
Jack reviews the details on Godview
- Navigate to Core>My Data>Select property>View Units>Select Contract
- Click on “Edit” in the contract tab
- On scrolling down, a checklist tab is displayed with all information pertaining to what the tenant has entered on the tenant app (Responses, images, and notes).
- Jack reviews the details.
Final steps, re-verification, and confirmation:
- The operator (Jack) can raise tickets based on problems raised by the tenant
- If tickets have been resolved, the check-list can be sent for re-confirmation
- The tenant can confirm the work done on the Tenant App with pictures, notes, and confirmation.
How do Move-out inspections work?
The check-out process is easy and can be completed in 5 simple steps
- Notification on the Tenant App
- Starting the Moving out process
- Tenant Review and Confirmation
- Rating and feedback
- Deposits and Deductions
- Notification on the Tenant App: On the scheduled date of move-out, the tenant is notified of the check-out on the Tenant’s App. The move-out date for any tenant is already set at the contract level for any tenant
- Starting the Moving out process: On the tenant App, navigate to the profile section and click on the Move-out Now icon.
- Tenant Review and Confirmation: Review the contract and move-out information and upload images as per the Move-out checklist created by the operator (on godview).
- Rating and feedback: Once the process is complete, the tenant needs to rate the property and give feedback
- Deposits and Deductions: That brings the check-out process to completion and based on the pictures uploaded, the operator/manager can calculate the extent of deductions to be made to the deposit before refunds.
On completing the move-out successfully, tenants rate the property, their stay and request feedback on the Tenant app. Managers/Operators can use this feedback to improve the overall experience.
How is all of this information documented?
Policy creation and T&C:
- Creating Checklists or T&C is optional and can be avoided.
- Either one can be created instead of the other as well. (Only a T&C document can be created without a checklist and vice versa )
PDF creation at every step: A PDF is created at every stage (move-in, re-verification, and Move-out) and is attached to the contract for documentation purposes.
Email generation: An email is immediately generated and sent along with the PDF to the tenant.
In conclusion, Operators who use products from Monk Tech Labs can conduct a smooth process of checking a tenant in/out. Our module uses two interfaces – Godview and the Tenant app and both of them seamlessly communicate with each other to ensure that any changes pertinent to the checklist module will reflect immediately on the other interface making everyone’s lives easier and accurate.